Subject: Re: New Tek Contact number.
From: [email-masked] (Dan J. Rockwell)
Date: 22 Nov 1994 03:39:35 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

Glyn Williams ([email-masked]) wrote:
: Many thanks Stuart,
: Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

: >The office number is 800/847-6111 and the BBS is 913/271-9299.  To be

: Hmmmm, The freefone number won't work on an international call.

: >a beta tester you should send your *DEMO TAPE* to the NewTek address
: >above, attention Brad Peebler.  I can't stress the demo tape part
: >enough.  Without some samples of previous work (even on other systems)
: >there is essentially no chance of becoming a beta site.
: >
: This is a bit of a problem, as a software house, our output is *all 
: digital*, we simply don't go to tape. If we did, it would be PAL format 
: tape which I imagine would be of little use. 

Send them the PAL tape.  Believe me they can play anything back there.  They
have their own studio, and presentation room.  I know they have PAL capable
monitors, and if anything they could transfer yer tape to NTSC if they don't
have a universal playback VTR.  A demo disk won't get you very far, but it
doesnt hurt.  They'll want to see some serious production/development.  Your
international, so they may make an exception unless they already have
established beta sites overseas in UK and I know they have several in ASIA
(cause its NTSC for Toaster).  

As for formats BetaCam would be ideal.  SVHS then VHS.  But if your serious
about being a site, go Betacam.  He wasnt kidding about how tough it is to
become a site.

Want an address...

	NewTek Inc.
	215 S.E. Eigth Street
	Topeka, KS 66603

You could send them email as well... I forget the address off hand though,
something like: renderworld.com or [email-masked] not sure, but
someone from the mailing list would know it for sure.

: Glyn Williams, Particle Systems Ltd.

Dan Rockwell
Industrial Video Inc.